Terms & Conditions
- Rates published on the Website are charged on a per room, per night basis.
- Depending on the package which is being offered on the Website, rates stated in the Website may be inclusive or exclusive meals or add-ons.
- Room rates and details are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right to correct the errors in posted or confirmed rates, as soon as we notice of the error.
- A minimum length of stay, cancellation charge, and other conditions may apply, as specified.
- Black-out dates may apply.
Sales & Service Tax (SST)
- Rates quoted are subject to 6% SST.
- Taxes, levies or charges are subject to change in accordance with the Malaysian Government legislation.
- The Malaysian Government has announced the exemption of Tourism Tax at hotels for stay period up till 31st December 2022.; For stays from January 2023, Tourism Tax will be collected at check-in and is payable by cash or credit card.
- Under the Tourism Tax Act 2017, a charge of MYR 10 per room per night will be levied on tourist(s) and non-resident guest(s). Malaysian citizens and permanent residents with MyPR cards are exempted from the payment of Tourism Tax.
- Room rates DO NOT include Tourism Tax.
- Bookings are accepted subject to room availability.
- At all times during the booking process, you will be advised to ensure the accuracy of booking details (guest information, stay dates, room types, room rates, number of guest(s), arrival/departure date). We will not be responsible or liable for errors in booking details.
- No booking shall be treated as guaranteed until the details and payment/deposit has been provided.
- Once your booking has been successfully completed, a Booking Confirmation with details will be sent to the email address provided by you. Please contact us if you do not receive your Booking Confirmation(s) within 24 hours from the time of booking.
Any changes to the arrival date, departure date, or room type of reservation is subject to the hotel’s availability at the time the change is requested and may result in a possible rate change.
- For reservations of 10 rooms and above or corporate contractual rates, please contact us by email at email@example.com
Third Party Booking Sources
- In the case of any changes made through a third party (online platforms or travel agency), we recommend you to first contact the source of booking for assistance. This applies to change of dates, extension of stay, early check-out, delay of arrival or cancellation in full or in part. The Hotel is NOT authorized to cancel and unable to provide refunds for any third-party reservations.
Credit Card Pre-Authorisation
- A valid credit card is required to secure your reservation.
- If you are using your credit card to guarantee your room reservation, we may hold an amount on your credit card before the arrival date.
- For non-refundable bookings, prepayment will be charged to your card prior to your arrival.
- We accept payment by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB credit cards. Debit Cards are accepted. A payment process fee may apply.
- Exchange rates are applicable at the time of reservation but are subject to currency fluctuations, and billing will be at the prevailing exchange rate.
Advanced Purchase / Offers & Promotions
- All rooms booked on Advance Purchase Rate or Offer & Promotion Rate are non-refundable, unless stated otherwise.
- Pre-payment is required, the full amount indicated on the booking confirmation will be charged upon reservation.
- For all reservations, we require a deposit for incidental charges upon check-in.
- Deposit may be placed in cash or on a credit card at check-in. For deposit using a credit card, pre-authorisation is required.
- Any unused amounts will be released at the time of check-out.
- The cancellation policy varies according to the rate/package booked. Please refer to the description given at booking or contact us for clarification.
- Cancellation more than 3 days prior to arrival: Free cancellation.
- Cancellation within 3 days prior to arrival: The total price of the reservation (including any applicable prevailing Government tax) will be charged and NO refund.
- Non-arrival on the day (No-Show): The booking will be cancelled and in accordance with hotel cancellation policy, NO refunds will be made to the guest and full amount (including any applicable prevailing Government tax) will be charged to the credit card provided upon reservation.
- Advance Purchase reservations cannot be changed, are prepaid and non-refundable.
- If cancellation or change of reservation takes place, total room charge plus tax will be forfeited.
Third-Party Booking Sources
- In the case of any changes made through a third party (online platforms or travel agency), we recommend you to first contact the source of booking for assistance. This applies to change of dates, extension of stay, early check-out, delay of arrival or cancellation in full or in part.
- The Hotel is NOT authorized to cancel and unable to provide refunds for any third-party reservations.
Check-In & Check Out
- Check-in time is from 3:00pm.
- It is mandatory for all guests to produce a valid identity document upon check-in; for foreign guests a valid passport and for domestic guests, a valid identity card shall be accepted as proof of identity.
- You must be 21 years or older with a valid Government issued identification or passport is required at check-in.
- Parents or a legal guardian must accompany guests under the age of 21. We reserve the right to check for photo identification.
- Rooms may not be available until the designated check-in time.
- Check-out time is by 12:00pm. Any request for late check-out is subject to the hotel occupancy.
- In case of check-out beyond the stipulated time, we reserve the right to charge an additional one (1) night’s stay at the prevailing room rate without prior notice.
Early Check-In, Late Check-Out & No-Show
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to bed/room availability on the relevant day, to be reconfirmed with the Front Office staff.
- If you intend to arrive after 01:00am on the scheduled date of arrival, you must inform the hotel otherwise our no show policy will apply.
- A full room rate will be chargeable for check-in at 07:00 hours or check-out after 15:00 hours.
- For reservations guaranteed with a form of payment at time of booking, rooms are held until hotel check-out time (12:00pm) the day following arrival.
- For reservations not guaranteed with a form of payment at time of booking, rooms are held until set cancellation time per the rules of the reservation.
In the event more guests arrive than can be accommodated due to hotel overbooking or an unforeseen circumstance, and the hotel is unable to hold rooms consistent with this room hold policy, Geno Hotel will attempt to accommodate guests, at its expense, at a comparable hotel in the area for the oversold night(s), as well as pay for transportation to that hotel. As a comparable accommodation, a hotel or rooms with a 3-star or 4-star rating in Shah Alam, is considered. In the event that there is no available comparable accommodation in Shah Alam, the full paid amount for accommodation shall be refunded to the guest.
Should you require any clarification on terms not stated here, please contact us directly. Geno Hotel reserves the right to add, alter, or amend any of the above terms, conditions, and rules as and when it deems necessary.